I can be a pretty self-motivated person. I like to think that I have enough willpower to make myself do something even if it's not my favorite activity.
But sometimes, that willpower falters. I get caught up by an activity that I do NOT want to do, and no amount of self-motivation is going to make me do it.
In those cases, I bribe myself.
And, since I write about saving money, it's only fitting that I bribe myself in mostly thrifty ways. Here are my favorite methods of cheap bribery!
- paint your nails
- curl up on the couch and watch your favorite movie
- let yourself read a non-educational book from the lib (sometimes I feel guilty getting a fiction book since I figure I should be reading about finances or business or something... so letting myself check out a fiction book is a treat!)
- bake a dessert... and eat a lot of it (I'm partial to these chocolate chip cookies)
- take a bath (I'm actually not a fan but I know many people are)
- do an exercise that you don't normally do- yoga, walking, leisurely bike ride, etc
- make a delicious homemade coffee drink (bonus points if you include whipped creme or chocolate syrup on top)
- freetetris.org (ADDICTING)
- Netflix marathon of your favorite show (for those of you who have Netflix, unlike me, haha)