Last week I added a lil' something to the blog... did you notice it?
Up there near the top of the page, you'll see a "Recipes" link! I pulled together all the recipes I've written about on the blog and put them in one place :) Take a look and see if you can find any meal inspiration!
And to add one more to the list... Mike and I made this AWESOME salmon the other week so I wanted to share with you guys!
Brown Sugar Spiced Salmon
(recipe via Food Network)
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar (I used light brown, just what I had on hand)
- 1 tablespoon chile powder (I used "chili" powder because that's what I had, but I can't tell if that's the same as "chile" powder?)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (I used normal salt)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Four 8-ounce salmon fillets (we only did two, so I halved the other ingredients) Mix everything together and put on the salmon, bake in a foil lined pan (IMPORTANT... that sugar mixture goes everyyyyywhere and believe me, you don't want to clean burnt sugar off your pan) and bake at 400 for 10-15 mins.
Money saving tip: we buy frozen salmon, in individually wrapped portions, and it's AWESOME. It's cheaper and easier than getting fresh fish and I think it tastes totally normal!
This was a super delicious dinner (I think we had it with roasted broccoli and rice?) that would be probably $15 or so in a normal restaurant... we saved SO much by making it ourselves! #WINNING
Are you a fan of salmon / fish?
I used to not really like any types of fish (sorry Mom and Dad, I know you tried to feed it to me) but I've grown to really like salmon!