Last night our neighborhood held it's annual "Christmas Walk" where they light a Christmas tree (and menorah... even though Haunnakah doesn't start for another (few) weeks?) and all the cute lil shops open up and have samples and sales and fun stuff. It's adorable. So Mike and I went to the tree lighting...
This is what it looked like before the tree was lit (tree on left side of the pic)... OH side note one of the women in this picture- not going to point her out just because I'm not trying to get sued for slander or whatever- she laughed like Janice on Friends and it was HILARIOUS. Seriously, just like Janice. Insane.
And this was post tree-lighting. Mike got that hat for free in a 28 pack of Labatt Blue. #savingmoneyinyourtwenties
We also went to this Christmas walk last year and discovered that one of the realtor offices offered free wine?! So obvi we hit that up first this year, too, just to see if they were doing it again...
And waddaya know... they had free wine again! WIN! Seriously you just walk in, grab a cup, and pour yourself as much wine as you want. It's so random and so glorious.
And then Mike's mom and I took a selfie with Frosty the snowman... #thewinemadeusdoit
It was a good time! but COOOOOLD. Rochester, why you gotta be so chilly?
Anyway. Moving along from Christmas chat... the lovely Mel from Mel's Miles nominated me for The Four Survey and I was SUPER pumped to fill it out. So in honor of it being Friday... let's take a little survey! (also Mel has a super awesome blog that you should definitely go check out! She's like the most positive person I've ever met (on the internet) so I basically read her blog in hopes that her positivity about life will rub off on me ;) )
The Four Survey
Four names that people call me other than my real name:
- Bear (Mike, haha)
- Shleya (old nickname from my bros)
- Roundhouse (a play on my middle name... hi, Steve!)
Four jobs I’ve had:
- server at a dining room in a retirement home (first job!)
- front desk receptionist (& smoothie maker!) at Gold's Gym
- Human Resource Specialist for the Army
- Financial Coach at this lil place you might have heard of... Saving Money in your Twenties ;)
Four movies I’ve watched more than once:
- Mean Girls
- Love Actually (every Christmas season!)
- Wedding Crashers
- Legally Blonde
Four books I’d recommend:
- $100 Startup
- Any of the Gretchen Lowell series (by Chelsea Cain)
- The Devil Wears Prada (I liked the movie but the book is even better!)
- 168 Hours: You Have More Time Than You Think
Four places I’ve lived
- Fredericksburg, VA
- Alexandria, VA
- Rochester, NY
- Woodbridge, VA
(good thing I fiiiinally moved out of VA, right?)
Four places I’ve visited:
- El Progreso, Honduras
Four places I’d rather be right now:
- Somewhere WARM
- Watching a movie & snuggling with my nieces
- At a brewery with Mike
- Target. duh
Four things I prefer not to eat:
- anything chai flavored
- meat (sometimes)
- hot sauce (i'm a wimp)
- I seriously can't even think of a fourth??
Four of my favorite foods:
- Pizza (totally agree with you on that one, Mel!)
- Ice cream
- BRUNCH. all of it.
- warm chocolate chip cookies (preferably with Reeses in the middle)
Four TV shows I watch:
- Seinfeld. aka THE BEST SHOW EVER
- Are You The One
- Real World
- Cutthroat Kitchen
Four things I’m looking forward to this year:
- seeing my bffs in May for a wedding!
- spring in Rochester- soooo pretty!
- Cape Cod with Mike's fam next summer
Four things I’m always saying:
- "hahaha" (in text convos I end everyyyything with "haha" oops)
- "want some tea?"
- "will you drive my car?" (I really hate driving)
- "Is Seinfeld on?"
Four people I tag to answer these questions:
- Chelsea from The New Wifestyle
- Hollie from Fueled by LOLZ
- Marissa from Sass n Dash
- Rebecca from It's A Nourishing Thing
hahah that was fun. Thanks for nominating me, Mel!!! :)
Your turn! Answer some/any/all of these!
I just love surveys :) HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!
PS-- Monday's post (as long as I finish researching in time) should be all about the free stuff you can get on your birthday. YAY!